All information provided on this site is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between this site and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information on the this site is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, we makes no guarantees of any kind.
This Web Site may contain information that is created and maintained by a variety of sources both internal and external. In no event shall this site be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through the Site.
Any links to external Web Sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the content or views of the linked materials.
Edco e-book Terms and Conditions
We, The Educational Company of Ireland, own and operate this website www.edco.ie and www.edcoebooks.ie and the Application ('the Site'). These End User Licence Terms apply to all e-books or other materials that you download from the Site (collectively “Content').
12. We hereby grant you a limited and revocable right to:
12.1. download and keep one copy of each item of downloaded Content on one laptop or other tablet device;
12.2. use that copy for your own personal, non-commercial purposes; and
12.3. view that copy an unlimited number of times.
13. Unless you have our express written consent or you are expressly authorised by law to do so, you must not:
13.1. use the Content for any commercial or other non-personal purpose;
13.2. make any further copies of the Content or transfer the Content to any other device or any other person; or
13.3. otherwise reproduce, copy, print, reformat, remove, adapt, modify, distribute, make publicly available, or prepare derivative works of, the Content or any copyright notice contained therein.
14. The intellectual property rights in all Content are owned by us and our licensors. Except for the rights granted to you under paragraph 2, nothing in these End User Licence Terms shall confer on you any right or interest in the Content and all other rights are reserved to us.
15. If there is any error or fault with the copy of the Content that you have downloaded, you may at any time within fourteen (14) days of the date of the original download, download one replacement copy.
16. You understand and acknowledge that the Content may not be compatible with all devices and that you are responsible for providing any hardware and/or software that you may need in order to keep and use the Content. You will not be entitled to return or claim a refund for any downloaded Content on the basis that it is not compatible with your device.
17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by law into these End User Licence Terms.
18. The Licensor shall accept no responsibility or liability for any content generated by you whether created or stored using the suite of e-book tools
19. You will be requested to back up your Content on a regular basis. Failure by you to back up your Content could result in a loss of data for which the Licensor will accept no responsibility or liability.
20. Notwithstanding any other provision of these licence terms, our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence (or that of our employees, agents or sub-contractors) shall not be limited. Save as stated in the preceding sentence, (1) our entire liability to you in respect of any breach of our contractual obligations, breach of warranty, representation, statement or tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with these End User Licence Terms shall be limited to the amount (if any) paid by you to us under these End User Licence Terms ; and (2) we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss you may suffer even if the loss was reasonably foreseeable or the possibility of such loss advised.
21. We may terminate these End User Licence Terms at any time if you breach them or any other terms that apply to your use of the Site. When notified of termination, you must immediately permanently delete and destroy all copies of any Content that are in your possession or control
22. The laws of Ireland will govern these End User Licence Terms and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute which arises out of or in connection with these End User Licence Terms.