Operation Maths is a new, exciting and original primary maths programme, with fully integrated digital resources. A ground-breaking maths programme, it has been developed specifically for the Irish market to meet the needs of primary schools, teachers and pupils.
- Operation Maths focuses on the acquisition and development of mathematical skills, as outlined in the Primary school curriculum
- A significant emphasis has been placed on collaborative learning, with regular Talk Time and Team Work activities to encourage children to communicate and to address problems in a collaborative way
- Problem-solving is at the heart of this programme
- Children are encouraged to apply maths to their own environment through regular Maths Around Us activities, videos and maths trails
- Children can assess their own learning in the Learning Log at the end of every chapter in the Discovery Book, while formal assessment takes place in the Pupil Assessment book
- A concrete-pictorial-abstract (CPA) approach promotes active learning and guided discovery, as the children explore and interact with suitable concrete materials.
- Teacher e-book available on www.edcodigital.ie